Your home is your sanctuary and to have pests lurking around can be nightmarish. Termites, bed bugs, cockroaches, rodents, ants, lizards, spiders or mosquitoes – this creepy crawlies work deviously away from direct eyesight to wreak havoc upon human lives. Besides being utterly annoying, they serve as carriers of harmful and sometimes life-threatening diseases.
Cockroaches’ Pest Control Service
However small these pests may be, they are unarguably the deadliest creatures out there. But the most harmful pest is perhaps cockroaches. There is no such thing as one cockroach in the kitchen. If you have seen just one by the day then you probably missed the rest of the party as they are normally nocturnal. These creeps enter homes in search of food, water, and shelter. They can get indoors through cracks and gaps in the home’s exterior or via drains and sewer pipes. Once they make themselves home in your space, they are sure to multiply and spread rapidly. It is important to get rid of them at the earliest before an infestation.
Did you know?
- Cockroaches have been around since the time of dinosaurs!
- A cockroach can live almost a month without food.
- It can live for about two weeks without water.
- Some female cockroaches only mate once and stay pregnant for life!
- A cockroach can live for up to one week without its head!
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes!
- They can run up to 3 miles an hour, that’s three times as fast as a cheetah!
- In addition to emitting unpleasant odours, they may also produce sound.
- They are typically nocturnal in nature.
Roaches creep through filthy areas and then crawl around our homes leaving a trail of lots and lots of bacteria and germs. They can contaminate food by shedding their skin. Their cast-off skin and waste byproducts are allergens that can trigger allergic reactions, asthma, and other illnesses, especially in children and sensitive individuals.
Cockroaches have stood the test of time and survived several extreme natural disasters. All the above facts combined lay the premise for an invincible adversary.
Apply Preventive Measures
While it is preferable to seek residential pest control services in India, increased awareness is the best bet in our fight against pests. Consequently, some basic precautionary measures will do well in offsetting the nuisance considerably:
- Keep your kitchen squeaky clean as food is the major attraction for pests;
- Make sure to store food in sealed plastic or glass containers;
- Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans;
- Remove garbage regularly from your home;
- Do not leave pet food and water out overnight;
- Promptly fix leaky plumbing and banish damp as pests find hot and humid places ideal for breeding and spreading;
- Do not allow water to collect in trays under your house plants or refrigerator;
- De-clutter your premises of things like stacks of newspapers, or cardboard as it provides places for pests to breed and hide making it hard to get rid of them;
- Fill in places like cracks and crevices or spaces around pipes, where pests can enter and hide;
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home;
A couple of bugs can be easily managed but infestations require immediate professional help.